Fachbeirat / Scientific Advisory Board
The Scientific Advisory Board of the Institute of Physics consults and advises the institute in all aspects of its academic research and education program.
The members of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Physics Institute are:
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Domcke, TU München
- Prof. Dr. Enrique Fernandez, IFAE Barcelona
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Gallagher, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
- Prof. Dr. Fabiola Gianotti, CERN
- Prof. Dr. Nigel Glover, University of Durham
- Prof. Dr. Anthony J. Leggett, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Prof. Dr. Charles M. Marcus, Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen
- Prof. Dr. Gerard Meijer, Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen
- Prof. Dr. Annette Zippelius, Universität Göttingen
During its first meeting in February 2014, the board assessed the research and education activities of the institute from 2011 to 2013. A written Activity Report together with public lectures and poster presentations by scientists of the institute provided a comprehensive overview over the many fascinating research topics dealt with.